- All awards are made on a cost reimbursement basis, advance payments may be processed upon request with justification of need.
- Awardees may submit invoices monthly. Invoices must include documentation to support each line item in the invoice. A sample invoice can be found here (revised Sept 2018).
- Send all invoices and supporting documentations to the University of Iowa's Subawardee Invoice email address and copy Cheryl Doehrmann.
- The University of Iowa Grants Accounting Office offers a sample invoice template, but other templates are also accepted. The requirements for an invoice include:
- Each expense listed as a line item with any necessary documentation.
- Your Purchase Order (PO) number. (This can be found in your subaward agreement or by contacting the GMR Office.)
- The budget for your subaward
- The subaward budget period of May 1, 2020 - April 30, 2021.
- If you have questions about the invoicing process, please contact Cheryl Doehrmann.