Sponsored MLA Webinars
Health information professionals are encouraged to take advantage Medical Library Association (MLA) webinars, which the GMR sponsors at institutions across the region. Participation in these webinars at sponsored sites is free!
Becoming a Sponsored Site
The Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) Greater Midwest Region (GMR) will sponsor up to ten (10) institutional registrations for MLA webinars each quarter. Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, 2020 and on an ongoing basis until funding for the quarter has been expended. Institutions can apply for one (1) webinar per quarter. While each sponsored site will be able to offer the live webinar and the recorded webinar to an unlimited number of participants for up to 180 days, the GMR site license will only provide CE codes for up to 25 individuals.
Webinars available for sponsorship (Second Quarter - August - October):
- Systematic Searching: Improving Effectiveness and Efficiency, (Sept. 24th), 1:00pm - 2:30pm CT / 2:00pm - 3:30pm ET
- Librarians Are Teachers: Applying Theory to Help Adults Learn, (Oct. 13th), 1:00pm - 2:30pm CT / 2:00pm - 3:30pm ET
- Download and/or print a copy of the MLA Webinar application form.
- Complete and sign the bottom of the form.
- Do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
- Do not send the form to MLA.
- E-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Site selection is based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Please note that the GMR covers the cost for Site Registration only, not Individual Registration.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) MLA membership. Additional point(s) are available for leading wrap-around sessions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been spent. Awardees will be notified once approved, based on funding criteria.
If you have any questions, please contact the GMR Office.