GMR-Sponsored MLA Webinars
Health information professionals are encouraged to take advantage Medical Library Association (MLA) webinars, which the GMR sponsors at institutions across the region. Participation in these webinars at sponsored sites is free! If you have questions about locating the live broadcast at a sponsored site, contact the GMR Office.
Currently Sponsored Sites
Searching with Ease: A Guide to Effective and Efficient Searches, February 8, 2017, 1:00pm - 2:00pm CT (2:00pm - 3:00pm ET)
Northwestern University, Galter Health Sciences Library, Chicago IL
Finding Grey Lit for Systematic Reviews, March 22, 2017, 1:00pm - 2:00pm CT (2:00pm - 3:00pm ET)
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Indiana University, Ruth Lilly Medical Library, Indianapolis, IN
- Oakland University, Kresege Library, Rochester, MI
- Loyola University Chicago Health-Sciences Campus, Maywood, IL
- University of Iowa, Hardin Library, Iowa City, IA
- University of Kentucky, Medical Center Library, Lexington, KY
- University of Louisville, Kornhauser Library, Louisville, KY
- University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Peoria, IL
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Becoming a Sponsored Site
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Greater Midwest Region (GMR) will sponsor up to ten (10) institutional registrations for MLA webinars each quarter. Applications will be accepted beginning January 17, 2017 and on an ongoing basis until funding for the quarter has been expended. The GMR will sponsor one (1) webinar per site each quarter.
Webinars available for sponsorship (Spring Quarter 2017):
- Flexing Your Powerhouse Librarian Muscles: The Foundations of Effective Project Management, January 31, 2017, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. CT / 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. ET
- Searching with Ease: A Guide to Effective and Efficient Searches, February 8, 2017, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. CT/ 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. ET
- Finding Grey Lit for Systematic Reviews, March 22, 2017, 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. CT/ 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. ET
- Download and/or print a copy of the MLA Webinar application form.
- Complete the form and sign the bottom of the form.
- Do not mark any of the boxes related to registration fees.
- Do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
- Do not send the form to MLA.
- For Michigan sites, please email your completed and signed application to Barbara Platts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax or email the completed form to:
Administrative Services Coordinator
Fax (319) 353-3752
Email the GMR Office
Site selection is based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Please note that the GMR covers the cost for Site Registration only, not Individual Registration.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) MLA membership. Additional point(s) are available for leading wrap-around sessions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been spent. Awardees will be notified once approved, based on funding criteria.
If you have any questions, please contact the GMR Office.