GMR-Sponsored MLA Webinars
Health information professionals are encouraged to take advantage Medical Library Association (MLA) webinars, which the GMR sponsors at institutions across the region. Participation in these webinars at sponsored sites is free!
Currently Sponsored Sites
Sponsored sites will be listed here when funded.
Becoming a Sponsored Site
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Greater Midwest Region (GMR) will sponsor up to ten (10) institutional registrations for MLA webinars each quarter. Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, 2017 and on an ongoing basis until funding for the quarter has been expended. Institutions can apply for one (1) webinar per quarter.
- Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design, July 27, 1:00pm–2:30pm, CT / 2:00pm–3:30pm ET
- Scoping Reviews, August 15, - Time and webinar description not yet available from MLA
- Helping Patients and Health Care Consumers Understand Precision Medicine, September 28, 1:00pm–2:30pm, CT / 2:00–3:30pm ET
- Download and/or print a copy of the MLA Webinar application form.
- Complete and sign the bottom of the form.
- Do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
- Do not send the form to MLA.
- For Michigan sites, please email your completed and signed application to Barbara Platts at email@example.com
- E-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Site selection is based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Please note that the GMR covers the cost for Site Registration only, not Individual Registration.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) MLA membership. Additional point(s) are available for leading wrap-around sessions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been spent. Awardees will be notified once approved, based on funding criteria.
If you have any questions, please contact the GMR Office.