National Library of Medicine Video Contest: “NLM & You: The Video”
The U.S. National Library of Medicine® (NLM®), the world’s largest library of the health sciences and a part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services, is conducting a video contest.
The contest supports the NLM mission of publicizing the availability of its information products and services, including but not limited to MEDLINE®/PubMed®, MedlinePlus®, GenBank®, PubMed Central®, ClinicalTrials.gov, Bookshelf, AIDSinfo®, and Profiles in Science®. NLM invites the public to create original short videos which promote awareness of these products and services.
What to enter
Video entries should promote an NLM information product or service, such as one of the examples listed above, by telling a story of how the product or service has made a difference. For example, how has an NLM product or service helped you:
* Solve a health problem or enabled you to help a loved one?
* Carry out research or make a new discovery?
* Make a difference in clinical treatment or help a client or patient?
* Write a report?
* Be 30-60 seconds in length.
* Not contain violence, profanity, sex, attacks on individuals or organizations, or other inappropriate messages.
* Comply with all laws where the video was filmed.
* Not infringe on any third party rights.
* Be your original creation. Copyrighted music, video, or images may be used in your video if the owner of the copyright has granted permission for this use.
* Not have been previously produced for compensation. Videos already posted on the NLM Web pages are not eligible.
* End with this text: “Visit www.nlm.nih.gov”
* Be posted to YouTube (www.youtube.com). If you don’t have a YouTube account, it’s easy and only takes a few minutes to set one up. The use of YouTube.com to accept contest entries does not imply an endorsement of the site or its parent company by the US Government. For further assistance, see uploading instructions at: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py?topic=16547
For more information, see the Technical Bulletin: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/techbull/ma11/ma11_nlm_video_contest.html – and GOOD LUCK!!