Partner Outreach Libraries
The Greater Midwest Region (GMR) of the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) has established a partnership with health sciences libraries that share the NNLM's mission of outreach. These libraries and librarians conduct outreach on behalf of the GMR office, presenting educational sessions on and promoting National Library of Medicine resources. Examples of activities undertaken by Partner Outreach Libraries include:
- Presenting a workshop on MedlinePlus at a public library
- Conducting a train-the-trainer session with staff at a community center
- Teaching public health professionals how to access content through PubMed Central at an annual meeting
- Promoting National Library of Medicine resources to community members at the State Fair
- Teaching high school students how to use PubMed for a research project
- Presenting National Library of Medicine resources for seniors at a senior center
The GMR reimburses partner libraries for staff time, travel, and other expenses related to these activities. This partnership is established through a signed agreement between the GMR and the partner library; a call for Partner Outreach Libraries takes place each spring and eligible libraries must meet the criteria outlined in the agreement.
The following libraries and librarians are designated Partner Outreach Libraries for the 2018-2021 year.
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Library, Adam Roloff
- University of Illinois at Chicago Library of the Health Sciences-Peoria, Carmen Howard.
Indiana University Ruth Lilly Medical Library, Chelsea Misquith
- University of Iowa Hardin Library for the Health Sciences, Riley Samuelson
- University of Louisville, Jessica Petrey
- Wayne State University, Vera P. Shiffman Medical Library, LaVentra Ellis Danquah
- University of Minnesota, Katherine Chew
University of North Dakota, Erika Johnson
Ohio State University Health Sciences Library, Judith Wiener
- University of Cincinnati, Sharon Purtee
- Wegner/University of South Dakota, Molly Youngkin
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Heidi Marleau
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Ashley Zeidler