Disaster Recovery for Delaware Summit
Exploring potential partnerships among emergency planners, first responders, librarians, and others
The Disaster Research Center, at the University of Delaware, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, and the Delaware Division of Libraries are sponsoring a summit on Tuesday, February 28th 2017 at Dover Downs. The day-long event will bring together emergency planners, first responders, and librarians to learn about services that libraries have provided in recovery efforts in other states. Attendees will learn how to prepare for roles that Delaware libraries can play in supporting local potential disaster recovery (the disaster management cycle). The summit will be of interest to emergency planners, first responders, librarians, and organizations involved with disaster planning, response, and/or recovery.
The program will feature the following:
- librarians and emergency responders from other states who were involved in collaborative disaster response and recovery efforts
- local emergency planners and first responders
- expert speaker on the needs of disabled persons in disasters
- demo of free apps from the National Library of Medicine developed for first responders
- workshop on creating a tailored one-page disaster recovery plan
Updates after the Summit
If you missed the Summit, you can still learn about the presentations and events that took place!
- Read Michelle Burda's Winter 2017 MAReport article, which highlights some of the key speakers and outcomes from the summit.
- Read the Summary Report, which includes photos, descriptions and notes about the events of the day.
- Check out the photos below!
Michelle Burda presenting at the Summit
The NLM Resources table at the Summit
The Lieutenant Governor of Delaware addressing the Summit
Participants in a breakout session
This event is funded by the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement Number UG4LM012342 with the University of Pittsburgh, Health Sciences Library System.