Tennessee Disaster Preparedness and the Role of Information Sciences
Susan Yowell and I will be facilitating the fall meeting of the Tennessee Health Science Library Association (THeSLA), which will be held in Nashville, Tennessee on September 24th and 25th. The cost of the meeting is $50 for THeSLA members and $75 for non-members. The program includes the following:
- Dan Wilson will speak on the accomplishments of the NN/LM SE/A Emergency Preparedness Task Force and the goals of the NN/LM National Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Walter Cybulski, Head, Quality Assurance Unit, Preservation, National Library of Medicine, will present “Salvaging Water Damaged Library Collections.”
- Dr. Robert H. Latham, Chief of Medicine, Infectious Diseases, St. Thomas Hospital, Nashville, TN, will speak on the avian flu.
- Susan Yowell will present “20 Tips for Creating a Successful Disaster Plan.”
- Jessica Leming, Solinet, will conduct a Solinet preservation class.
- Dan Wilson and Susan Yowell will facilitate the development of MOUs among the THeSLA libraries.
For more information on the meeting, please contact Jan Haley at (615) 222-3051.