Stem Cell Research
"Stem Cell Research: Experimentation on STEM CELLS and on the use of stem cells." -- Definition from the NCBI MeSH Database.
"Stem Cells: Relatively undifferentiated cells that retain the ability to divide and proliferate throughout postnatal life to provide progenitor cells that can differentiate into specialized cells." -- Definition from the NCBI MeSH Database.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Stem Cell Research Organizations
- International Stem Cell Registry at UMass Medical School – Includes animation and movies and teaching tools for educators.
- Stem Cell Education Portal – Sponsored by the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, this education portal provides materials about stem cell research.
- NIH Stem Cell Basics - General information about stem cells provided by the National Institutes of Health.
- A Closer Look At Stem Cells - This is an education resource on stem cells provided by the Internationals Society for Stem Cell Research.
- Stem Cells in the Spotlight - This website, authored by Dr. Louis Stark of the Univeristy of Utah, has basic learning material about stem cells. Both videos, and web page text are used for the learning material.
- EuroStemCell: Education - Over 100 stem cell educational resources are catalogued on this website. Navigation is enhanced by limit functions for resource type, themes, and audience. EuroStemCell is a European organization comprised of stem cell and regenerative medicine labs in Europe.
- StemBook - This free online reource is is a collection of peer reviewed chapters on topics related to stem cell biology. Top researchers from Harvard Stem Cell Institute and worldwide have contributed chapters. The book is aimed at stem cell and non-specialist researchers.
- MIT Opencourseware Lecture 23: Stem Cells
- Technology: Ontology Library
- National Center for Biomedical Ontology
- Stem Cell Discovery Engine
- NIH Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry
- Stem Cell Assays- Collaborative project by professionals in stem cell research to discuss methodological issues
Stem Cell Research and Data
Stem Cell Research and Big Data
("stem cells"[mh] OR "stem cell research"[mh]) AND "big data"
Stem Cell Research and Data Management
("stem cells"[mh] OR "Stem Cell Research"[mh]) AND "data management"
Stem Cell Research Data Repositories
Stem Cell Commons - Resource developed by Harvard to promote stem cell research reproducibility.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) Human Cell and Data Repository