"Molecular Biology: A discipline concerned with studying biological phenomena in terms of the chemical and physical interactions of molecules." -- Definition from the NCBI MeSH Database.
Molecular Biology Organizations
A Molecular Biology Glossary: A quick and dirty reference to terms used in Molecular Biology – "This document is intended to provide a quick reference for molecular biology terms. It does not go into depth on the terms, but can be useful if you are trying to understand a typical seminar or paper." Created by Dr. Robert Lyons from the University of Michigan DNA Sequencing Core.
Molecular Biology of the Cell, 4th Edition (Textbook) – A list of all terms covered in molecular biology provided by the NCBI bookshelf.
- NIH Library Online Tutorials – Links to bioinformatic tutorials from NIH and other institutions.
- OpenHelix – Free tutorials for molecular biology/genetic databases.
- NCBI's Resource Guide
- Introduction to Molecular Biology Information Resources – For those who have never used any of NCBI's databases.
- Molecular Biology - MIT Open Courseware on molecular biology.
- Tuorials in Molecular Biology - Animations and tutorials on basic molecular biology concepts, provided by UCLA.
- Virtual Cell Animation Collection - This resouce provides animations to different cellular and molecular processes. The Virtual Cell Animation Collection was developed by faculty and staff from North Dakota State University with funding and support from NSF, Maya, and USDE.
- The Biology Project: Molecular Biology - This part of a larger project, The Biology Project, which was developed by the University of Arizona. This resources provides online tutorials and interactive activities to learn basic concepts in molecular biology.
- Cell and Molecular Biology 2e - This is a current open textbook authored by Gerald Bergstrom, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. It is available in different formats.