"Biology: One of the BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE DISCIPLINES concerned with the origin, structure, development, growth, function, genetics, and reproduction of animals, plants, and microorganisms." -- Definition from the NCBI MeSH Database.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
University of California Museum of Paleontology – A basic and quick reference for cell biology terms. Also includes terms other life sciences such as zoology, ecology, phylogenetics.
- Welcome To The New Term – A collection of biology topics presented in a textbook fashion.
- Cell Image Library – A freely accessible, easy-to-search, public repository of reviewed and annotated images, videos, and animations of cells from a variety of organisms, showcasing cell architecture, intracellular functionalities, and both normal and abnormal processes.
- iBiology - This educational website provides access to over 300 open-access videos including educational topics, seminars by leading scientists, and scientific career oriented videos.
- Fundamentals of Biology - This free online course is offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology MITOPENCOURSEWARE initiative.
- Introduction to Biology - This free online course is a part of the Carnegie Mellon University Open Learning Initiative.
- Concepts of Biology - This is an open textbook that provides and introduction to basic biology concepts.
- Biology - This is an introductory biology open textbook.
- Jones Biology - This is a website with multimedia learning materials, maintained by retired biology teacher, Judy Jones.