Here you will find information and links to research projects, reports and other materials that pertain to research about Data Information Literacy (DIL).
- Implementing a Graduate-Level Research Data Management Course: Approach, Outcomes, and Lessons Learned. (2015) Whitmire, A. L., Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication Vol. 3, no. 2. doi:10.7710/2162-3309.1246.
- Planting the Seeds for Data Literacy: Lessons Learned from a Student-Centered Education Program. (2015) Jake Carlson, Marianne Stowell Bracke, International Journal of Digital Curation, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 95-110. doi:10.2218/ijdc.v10i1.348
- Developing Professional Skills in STEM Students: Data Information Literacy. (2014) Ziliniski, L., Sapp Nelson, M., & Van Epps, A. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, Summer 2014. DOI:10.5062/F42V2D2Z.
- Data Management Skills Needed by Structural Engineering Students: A Case Study at the University of Minnesota. (2013) Johnston, L. and Jeffryes, J., J. Prof. Issues Eng. Educ. Pract., 10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000154.
- Data Management Training for Graduate Students at a Large Research University. (2012) Adamick, Jessica; Reznik-Zellen, Rebecca C.; and Sheridan, Matt. Journal of eScience Librarianship 1(3): Article 8. DOI:10.7191/jeslib.2012.1022. A case study of developing workshops to teach data management basics and more advanced topics at UMass - Amherst.
- Data Information Literacy and Undergraduates: A Critical Competency. (2015) Shorish, Yasmeen. College & Undergraduate Libraries. 22(1), 97-106. (Open Access version)
- Navigating the Landscape of Data Literacy: It IS Complex. (2012) A white paper report that seeks to produce an operational definition of data literacy through analyzing existing definitions and consulting a variety experts in data-driven decision making.
- Developing a Data Management Curriculum for Graduate Students in the Natural Resources. (2014) Wright, Sarah J and Camille Andrews, 6th Annual University of Massachusetts & New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium. Paper 8.
- Developing a data management lab: Teaching effective methods for health and social sciences research. (2013) Coates, Heather L., Data Information Literacy Symposium.