Will Duct Tape Cure My Warts? Examining Complementary and Alternative Medicine
This class is offered in Moodle.
The goal of this class is to increase understanding of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Students will learn the history of CAM and its impact on medical practices. They will learn how CAM is used, how to avoid “bad science” and how to look up evidence of the effectiveness of CAM therapies. This class is offered via Moodle for 8 MLA CE credits.
- Explore the definition and types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
- Gain greater knowledge of the history of CAM and its impact on medical practice.
- Gain greater understanding of usage of CAM.
- Increase confidence in evaluating health websites.
- Increase skills in avoiding “bad science” found on the Internet or in the news.
- Become more proficient in searching for evidence of the effectiveness of CAM.
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 8 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association.
There are no archived recordings of this class