What is Bioinformatics Librarianship?
A growing number of librarians are filling a special niche in the information world: Serving those who work with genetic and molecular biology information. In this one-hour Webinar, meet eight of your colleagues as they explain their specialized and uniquely valuable roles at their institution:
• Julie A Arendt, Virginia Commonwealth University
• Marci Brandenburg, University of Michigan
• Rolando Garcia-Milian, Yale University
• Karen H Gau, Virginia Commonwealth University
• Tobin Magle, Colorado State
• Robyn Reed, Penn State University
• Elliott Smith, University of California, Berkeley
• Rob Wright, Johns Hopkins Medicine
Following the Webinar, you’ll be invited to participate in a focus group to help the National Network of Libraries of Medicine design bioinformatics education for librarians who serve biomedical researchers and practitioners, as well as those who serve a broader audience.
Moderated by: Peter Cooper, NCBI & Kate Majewski, NLM
Hosted by: NTO and the Bioinformatics Education Working Group
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes