Teaching with Technology: Tips, Techniques and Tools
This course will acquaint attendees with information about using technology tools for teaching distance learning courses. We will discuss options and best practices for asynchronous and synchronous distance classes, as well as “blended” classes that offer both in-person and online options. Adult learning principles will be reviewed. We will examine and discuss examples of software and website tools in teaching as well as hardware considerations.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will:
- Understand principles of adult learning.
- Learn about tools and best practices for offering synchronous distance classes (such as Adobe Connect or Blackboard Collaborate).
- Learn about tools and best practices for offering asynchronous distance classes (such as Moodle or Blackboard).
- Learn about methods for offering blended classes (in-person combined with distance learning
- Participate in hosting a synchronous session and in refining an asynchronous class in Moodle.
All materials are included in the Moodle course.
Continuing Education (CE)
This course has been approved for 4 or 8 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
In Person & Distance Learning: Kay Deeney, Education & Outreach Librarian, NN/LM Pacific Southwest Region
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes