Stand Up for Health: Health and Wellness Services for Your Community
This 4-week 12 CE course is designed to provide public library staff with the foundation (or a refresher) of health and wellness reference, programming, and outreach for their communities. Each week will involve some reading, discussions with your classmates, and a short (2-pages or less!) assignment.
Week 1: Introduction to Consumer Health
Week 2: Health Reference
Week 3 Health Resources
Week 4 Health and Wellness Programming and Outreach
This class was designed specifically for public library staff. If you work in another type of library you may not be able to complete all the assignments required for CE credit. Please consider Health and Wellness @ the Library: The Essentials of Providing Consumer Health Services
- Understand the importance of health literacy and the differing needs of a diverse community
- Increased confidence in providing English/Spanish health reference, as well as selecting authoritative health information appropriate for diverse users.
- Increased ability to evaluate the quality of health information in a variety of formats, and apply criteria for collection development of consumer health materials.
- Increased confidence in teaching users how to recognize the elements of trustworthy materials and the warning signs of dubious health information
- Increased ability to plan health-related programming and events that will appeal to your community.
There are no archived recordings of this class