Abstract: The rise of open accessing publishing has brought with it many advantages, including faster publication and enhanced visibility and impact of one's research.
SEAside is an alternate webinar series from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region (NNLM SEA) to promote educational opportunities that occur infrequently and are in addition to the Beyond the SEA webinar series. Speakers cover different topics of interest to health science librarians, health care practitioners, librarians, and other health focused groups in the region. Topics include new and updated National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources, RML Awardee presentations on their research and outreach programs, Disaster Resources, Electronic Health Records, and many others related to health science and health care. All sessions are online webinars using WebEx, which allows for live phone conversation and online chat. SEAside webinars are held infrequently and are based on the availability of specific speakers who may not be able to present during the Beyond the SEA webinar series. Sessions are generally held at 2PM (ET) and last an hour. Sessions are recorded, closed captioned, and made available for later viewing.
Pre-Register: Pre-registration is strongly recommended, but not required.
To Join the Webinar
- Website: https://nih.webex.com
- Session number: 627 227 643
- Session password: nnlm
To Join the Training Session
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com/nih/k2/
2. Enter your name and email address (or registration ID).
3. Enter the session password: nnlm
4. Click "Join Now".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click this link.
To Join the Session by Phone Only
- To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the training session, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada):1-650-479-3208
- Global call-in numbers
- Access code: 627 227 643
To update this session to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link.
Important Information Prior to the Use of WebEx:
- Getting Started Guide for WebEx Participants
- WebEx System Requirements
- WebEx System Requirements Mobile Devices
- Can’t join the training session?
Presentation Summary: With the plethora of diseases and medical conditions people face and environmental health issues encountered around the world, medical researchers and governmental regu
Presentation Summary: Helping potential authors understand the murky waters of Open Access and Scholarly Communication is becoming a necessary task.
Presenter: Tony Nguyen, Technology and Communications Coordinator, NNLM SEA Region, University of Maryland, Baltimore
There are no upcoming classes