PubMed Rediscovered: Hidden Treasures in Searching
Be in the forefront of searchers who understand how to get the best pearls from the PubMed database. Discover what has changed and what has remained the same! This class will cover an overview of recent changes to PubMed, hidden treasures and strategies for searching in PubMed. Learn how to combine your knowledge and experience of PubMed with the new changes to make your searching even more powerful. Promoting PubMed in your institution will also be covered. Class will include demos, discussion, hands-on practice and guided exercises. The class is geared for intermediate and advanced PubMed searchers. The class is available as two, three or four hour in person sessions.
Attendees will be able to:
- Recognize PubMed design changes
- Interpret search details and modify them
- Employ suggested search strategy approaches
- Discover new ideas for promoting PubMed searches or services in their institutions
- Explore mobile options for searching PubMed
This course has been approved for 2, 3, or 4 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes