PubMed Journal Selection and the Changing Landscape of Scholarly Communication
Join staff of the U.S. National Library of Medicine to learn how journals are selected for MEDLINE and PubMed Central, how NLM has responded to an evolving scholarly communication ecosystem, and how to use NLM resources in assessing the quality of a publication.
- Describe some issues and concerns surrounding the current publishing landscape.
- List the roles and responsibilities of the U.S. National Library of Medicine in collecting and providing access to biomedical literature.
- Explain what is referenced in the PubMed database.
- Find the complete list of journals in MEDLINE and in PubMed.
- Describe the selection criteria for the different components of the PubMed database.
- Find additional resources for authors and librarians on assessing publication quality.
See the Webinar recording.
There are no upcoming classes