For a second year, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine has partnered with the Collaborative Summer Library Program to bring health programming to your library for Summer Reading!
Activate, Collaborate, and Educate: Health Outreach and Programming in Your Community
This course will provide an overview of ideas to conduct health outreach and create health programs for libraries and community/faith based organizations. Participants will learn how to integrate resources from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and other reputable agencies to introduce community members to NLM resources in fun and engaging ways. Examples of programs for children, teens, adults and seniors using NLM and other National Institutes of Health center and office resources will be shared.
This presentation provides an overview of planning health programs for organizations incorporating resources from the National Library of Medicine. By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Locate county level information on health needs within their community
- Locate relevant NLM consumer health resources for specific target populations
- Identify organizations for health outreach partnerships
- Outline a potential health outreach or health program for their organization
- This course has been approved for 1, 2 or 3 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
- This course qualifies for Medical Library Association, Consumer Health Information Specialization Levels 1 and 2
This one hour webinar will focus on health program ideas, guides, and resources for libraries and community/faith based organizations.
There are no upcoming classes