Online Resources to Support Evidence-Based Practice on Population Health: An Introduction to MedlinePlus, PubMed, and HSRProj
The course is designed to teach public health professionals and librarians to use MedlinePlus, PubMed, and HSRProj to find reliable health information and data related to population health and Healthy People 2020. This asynchronous course is offered through Moodle using Storyline Articulate software. Please note that the content in the course is for basic/beginner users of MedlinePlus, PubMed, and HSRProj.
Course Content There are five sections in this course:
- Population Health and Healthy People 2020
- MedlinePlus: Supporting the Public With Easy-to-Read Consumer Health Information
- An Introduction to PubMed: Finding Peer-Reviewed and Evidence-Based Public Health Articles
- Looking for Trends and Partners for Health Services Research with HSRProj
- Scenario Practices
To access this class, please register today!
At the end of this training module, you will be able to:
- Discuss population health and its relation to Healthy People 2020
- Describe the purpose of MedlinePlus, PubMed, and HSRProj databases
- Identify when to use each database based on the information need
- Perform advanced searching techniques to identify more accurate results
2 MLA CEs
There are no archived recordings of this class