Nursing on the Net: Health Care Resources You Can Use
Looking for the latest developments in patient care but finding too much, too little or inadequate information? This hands-on workshop is designed for nurses, nursing students and faculty, and librarians interested in information services for Nursing and Allied Health professions. Participants will learn to use and evaluate web based health information resources, find online news services, continuing online education courses, and consumer health web sites. Participants will also learn to search the National Library of Medicine's PubMed MEDLINE database of over 26 million citations. The workshop will also cover MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine's web site for consumer health information. This workshop is also available as an online Moodle class.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the types of clinical information available on the Internet
- Describe the types of health related consumer/patient education resources available on the Internet
- Evaluate quality resources
- Identify Internet sites that supply continuing education, both credit and noncredit courses
- Search the Internet for news services
- Perform basic literature searches in PubMed.
This course has been approved for 2, 3, or 4 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes