Health Literacy: A Universal Precautions Approach
Taking universal precautions means minimizing risk for everyone. Learn how health information literacy affects patient outcomes and discover tools and methods to improve communication skills to connect with patients of all literacy levels.
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Define health literacy and the challenges patients face.
- Recognize the impact low health literacy has on patient care.
- Understand the Universal Precaution approach to health information literacy.
- List strategies to improve health information literacy.
- Describe health literacy services provided by medical libraries.
- What is Health Literacy?
- High Risk Groups/Expectation of Patients
- Statistics and Trends
- Factors that Affect Health Literacy
- Patient Experiences
- Universal Precautions Approach
- Methods and Resources
This class has been approved for 1 hour of Medical Library Association CE.
Patricia Devine, Network Outreach Coordinator, National Network of Lbraries of Medicine, Pacific NW Region
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes