Community Health Engagement Series
Community Health Engagement Series is a webinar course to support the NER Community of Interest (COI) group for Community Health Engagement. This course provides a group learning experience in community assessment, outcomes-based planning, and data collection in four one-hour sessions. With peer support, participants will develop an evidence-based community health engagement project, and prepare for approaching upper management and/or funders. This course is aligned with the Medical Library Association’s Competency Five: Evidence-Based Practice and Research. Materials include the NEO Planning and Evaluating Health Information Outreach Projects booklets. To provide an optimal learning experience, this course is limited to 12 participants.
Performance Indicators for MLA’s Competency Five: Evidence-Based Practice and Research include:
- Finding and evaluating evidence to support decision-making
- Evaluating activities, programs, collections and services using evidence-based methodologies
- Conducting research, interpreting data and presenting statistical and data analyses
- Communicating research results
This course aims to provide participants with the tools to achieve basic competency.
- Increased awareness of NLM tools and resources for supporting community health engagement project planning.
- Increased confidence in using NLM tools and resources for planning community health engagement projects.
- Improved ability to describe evidence-based methods in community assessment, outcomes-based planning, and data collection.
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes