We should call this class "Around the NLM Clinical World in 90 minutes!" This webinar provides an introduction to nearly a dozen resources, including drug information, genetics information, clinica
PubMed and Beyond: Clinical Resources from the National Library of Medicine
Taught by an experienced medical librarian, this presentation will introduce free bedside information resources for the busy clinician. Resources presented will include Clinical Queries in PubMed/MEDLINE and free drug, patient education, and evidence-based information.
This course was originally created by Kate Flewelling of the NNLM Middle Atlantic Region.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Find patient education information using MedlinePlus and Genetics Home Reference.
- Access drug information using Drug Information Portal.
- Find clinical trials by condition and limit to those with results in ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Find clinical practice guidelines.
- Find systematic reviews in PubMed Health and PubMed/MEDLINE.
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 1, 2, or 3 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association.