This presentation will introduce free bedside information resources for the busy clinician.
PubMed and Beyond: Clinical Resources from the National Library of Medicine
This presentation will introduce free bedside information resources for the busy clinician. Resources presented will include Clinical Queries in PubMed/MEDLINE and free drug, patient education, and point-of-care resources.
This course was originally created by Kate Flewelling of the NNLM Middle Atlantic Region.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Find patient education information using MedlinePlus, HealthReach and Genetics Home Reference.
- Access drug information using Drug Information Portal.
- Find clinical trials by condition and limit to those with results in ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Find systematic reviews using PubMed Clinical Queries.
- Limit PubMed/MEDLINE results to free full-text.
- Find evidence-based resources in Clinical eCompanion
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 1, 2, or 3 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association.
We should call this class "Around the NLM Clinical World in 90 minutes!" This webinar provides an introduction to nearly a dozen resources, including drug information, genetics information, clinica