Big Data in Healthcare: Exploring Emerging Roles
The Big Data in Healthcare: Exploring Emerging Roles course will help health sciences librarians better understand the issues of big data in clinical outcomes and what roles health sciences librarians can take on in this service area.
This is a semi-self-paced course (“semi" meaning there are completion deadlines).
Course Expectations: To complete this course for 6 hours of MLA contact hours, participants are expected to:
- Spend approximately 1 hour completing the work within each module.
- Commit to complete all activities and articulate your views within each module.
- Complete course requirements by the deadline established in each module.
- Provide course feedback on the Online Course Evaluation Form
This is a Medical Library Association approved course that will earn students 6 contact hours.
Students who successfully complete the course will:
- Explain the role big data plays in clinical patient outcomes.
- Explain current/potential roles in which librarians are supporting big data initiatives
- Illustrate the fundamentals of big data from a systems perspective
- Articulate their views/options on the role health sciences sector librarians is in supporting big data initiatives
6 MLA CE Credits
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes