This course will introduce free health information resources for K-12 health professionals provided by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and other high quality resources.
More Than a Bandage: Health Information Resources for K-12 Professionals
This course is an introduction to free health information and educational resources for K-12 professionals provided by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and other trusted organizations. Participants will learn about consumer health sites with an emphasis on MedlinePlus covering general health resources, drug information, multi-cultural and multi-language resources, career/professional resources, and youth heath issues. This course is designed for school nurses, health educators, librarians, and other K-12 professionals.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify health resources from the National Library of Medicine
- Connect colleagues and caregivers with high quality health information resources
- Find and apply resources for K-12 populations that can be used for lesson planning, homework help, research projects, and/or health and science programming
- This course has been approved for 1, 2, or 3 hours of continuing education credits by the Medical Library Association
- This course qualifies for Medical Library Association, Consumer Health Information Specialization Levels 1 and 2
There are no upcoming classes