Recording available below.
Are You Ready? Essential Disaster Health Information Resources for Keeping Your Loved Ones Safe
This class covers NLM disaster health information and other emergency preparedness resources for community educators, families, friends and caregivers. Resources for special populations and those with special needs are highlighted. Audience: consumers, public and consumer health librarians, pre- hospital responders, health care professionals, first-responders, or disaster preparedness administrators.
Participants will be able to:
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness information for consumers/public
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness for special populations
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness for those with disabilities
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness mobile Apps for consumers/public
- Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 1 or 2 hour of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be available to participants after the evaluation is completed: MLA Course Listing
- This course qualifies for MLA, Consumer Health Information Specialization Levels 1 & 2.
- This courses qualifies for MLA, Disaster Information Specialization – Advanced.