PubMed Tips for Expert Searchers
This 2-hour webinar covers advanced features and concepts in PubMed that can assist you in developing effective search strategies. This course is intended for those with at least an intermediate knowledge of PubMed and MeSH. This class does not cover how to perform a systematic literature review.
- Explain the content of the PubMed database (MEDLINE, PMC, Bookshelf) and how this relates to MeSH indexing.
- Locate and identify the available fields in the Advanced Search Builder
- Explain how to build a search using the Advanced Search builder
- Locate and use MEDLINE Resources Guide to assist with field searching
- Construct a search strategy to narrow results to human-related studies
- Identify useful subheadings
- Identify and apply coordinated subheadings
- Employ free-floated subheadings in a search
- Employ pharmacological actions to include drug groups in your search.
The Objectives for this class were identified with input from the Ohio Health Sciences Library Association (OHSLA).
This class is approved for 2 MLA CE credits.
There are no archived recordings of this class