Will Duct Tape Cure My Warts? Examining Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Aug 28, 2017 to Oct 2, 2017
The goal of this class is to increase understanding of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Students will learn the history of CAM and its impact on medical practices. They will learn how CAM is used, how to avoid “bad science” and how to look up evidence of the effectiveness of CAM therapies. This class is offered for 2 hours or 4 hours. Both classes will include lecture, discussion, and hands-on training.
- Have knowledge of the definition and types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
- Have greater knowledge of the history of CAM and its impact on medical practice.
- Have greater understanding of usage of CAM.
- Increase confidence in evaluating health websites.
- Increase skills in avoiding “bad science” found on the Internet or in the news.
- Become more proficient in searching for evidence of the effectiveness of CAM.
2 CE hour class
4 CE hour class
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 2 or 4 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be delivered through the mail at a later date.