Virtual Programs for Preschoolers: How to encourage wellness, movement & creativity
Are you interested in virtual storytimes, dance parties, and other wellness activities for ages 0-6? This webinar will offer tips & tricks for presenting digitally, partnering with community organizations, and igniting kid's imagination with wellness-themed programs.
Katie currently serves as the Early Literacy Services Manager at Gail Borden Public Library. Katie's past positions include Children's Services at both Midlothian Public Library and Oak Park Public Library. She completed her MLIS from Dominican University. She currently serves on the Bluestem Award Nominating Committee and the Monarch Award Readers Committee for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators. Katie's specialties include: early literacy, children’s literature evaluation, play-based learning, and best storytime practices.
Due to high demand, we are accepting up to 750 registrations for this event, but only the first 500 viewers will be able to attend live. The webinar room will open about 15 minutes before the start of the event, and we recommend you arrive early. Everyone who registers will receive an email with a link to the recording within two weeks following the webinar.
May 14, 2020
11:00AM - 12:00PM CT
The Kernel of Knowledge is an expert-speaker webinar series from the Greater Midwest Region which provides one-hour sessions on topics of interest to Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) members throughout the year. Sessions are scheduled on an ongoing basis, check back often for upcoming presentations! All Kernel of Knowledge sessions are eligible for 1.0 contact hour of Medical Library Association continuing education credit.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial(link is external) on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The Network of the National Library of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership