True North: Navigating Your Way to Freely Available Public Health Resources
Before the session, you will want to complete the following steps. Be prepared to share some of your experiences.
1) Consider a public health question of interest to you or your patrons to which you would like to find an answer.
2) List no less than 3 sources consulted by you to help answer that question.
3) List why you selected each of your resources and in which format it exists.
Aug 14, 2019
11:00AM - 12:00PM ET
This is a collaborative course that covers concepts related to searching for freely available public health resources, reviewing resources for bias, and thinking outside-the-box for your search strategies. Join in this session as we review pressing issues in public health!
By the end of this class participants will be able to:
- Select effective search approaches to help answer a public health question and ensure all aspects of the question have been addressed.
- Sort domain areas and their corresponding resources
- Examine and analyze the biases of a given resource