Super Searcher: Enhancing Your Online Search Super Powers
This hands-on course is designed to help you become more familiar with search engines! We will look at the basic structure of search engines comparing the features of each based on simple and advanced search features. We will work on improving online search techniques with online search engines, not databases. Participants will develop search strategies that will increase the precision and scope of their results. You’ll engage in discussions and exercises as part of the course. Class participants will gain new knowledge and experience with new search engines and consider future directions of searching for information.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the basic structure and features of search engines.
- Compare search results from various search engines and justify selection.
- Utilize advanced search features to quickly locate appropriate websites and resources.
- Identify new trends related to online searching
Course Materials - Updated July 2017
- MLA Course Listing
- This will be offered via the Moodle platform. Please contact instructor for upcoming courses.
Tony Nguyen is the Technology and Education Coordinator at the National Network of Libraries of Medicine Southeastern Atlantic Region (NN/LM SEA).