Serving Diverse Communities: Finding Data on Health Disparities
This course is designed to introduce attendees to health disparities and how the social determinants of health contribute to an inequity in health.
Participants will be shown demonstrations on how to utilize tools from the National Library of Medicine, the Office of Minority Health, and HealthyPeople.gov to locate data on health disparities.
At the conclusion of the class, participants will be able to:
- Discuss health disparities in public health
- Identify at least three online resources for accessing health disparity data
- Analyze resources to access data on health disparities
Serving Diverse Communities is a three-part series of online trainings focused on accessing health information resources related to working with diverse communities. Each training session is offered individually, and attendees can choose to participate in one or all sessions. The trainings are offered on-demand and can be completed in one sitting or over several sessions. Each training session will offer 1 hour of MLA CE upon completion.
The training sessions are:
- Accessing Health Information in Multiple Languages
- Finding Data on Health Disparities
- Building Cultural Competence and Humility into the Workplace
Classes updated May 2019.