SEAside Webinar: LGBTIQ+ Safe Spaces
Presenter: Gregory Brightbill, Academic Coordinator, Interprofessional Student Learning and Service Initiatives, University of Maryland, Baltimore
Contact: For additional information or questions, please contact Tony Nguyen - email@example.com
Presentation Summary: Learning how to be a better ally for LGBT+ individuals is about learning to support the humanity of everyone. Whether you are a member of the LGBT+ community or not anyone can learn from this session. We will talk about the many letters and identities contained within the LGBT+ acronym as well as how you can best support and serve the people who fit within them. Specific items that will be discussed within this presentation are:
• Sexual orientation and sexual identity development
• Gender identity and development
• Gender neutral pronouns and their usage
• The history of the LGBT+ movement
• LGBT+ Safe Spaces and their importance
Presenter Bio: Gregory A. Brightbill currently works at the University of Maryland, Baltimore where he leads university-wide leadership and LGBT+ education initiatives. Greg has his master’s degree in higher education administration and a bachelors in psychology. The thought provoking information Greg shares in his workshops are from a wide range of sources but also from his own personal experiences as an out gay man in Baltimore.
Upon completion of the SEAside Webinar, each participant will receive 1.0 contract hour of continuing education credit award by the Medical Library Association. Participants will receive a code to which they will enter in medlib-ed.
Pre-Register: Pre-registration is strongly recommended, but not required. Visit our registration page to sign up!
To Join the Webinar:
• Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
• Time: 2:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
• WebEx: https://nih.webex.com
• Session number: 626 907 317
• Session password: seaside
Jun 6, 2017
SEAside is an alternate webinar series from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region (NN/LM SE/A) to promote educational opportunities that occur infrequently and are in addition to the Beyond the SEA webinar series. Speakers cover different topics of interest to health science librarians, health care practitioners, librarians, and other health focused groups in the region. Topics include new and updated National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources, RML Awardee presentations on their research and outreach programs, Disaster Resources, Electronic Health Records, and many others related to health science and health care. All sessions are online webinars using Adobe Connect, which allows for live phone conversation and online chat. SEAside webinars are held infrequently and are based on the availability of specific speakers who may not be able to present during the Beyond the SEA webinar series. Sessions are generally held at Noon (ET) and last an hour. Sessions are recorded, closed captioned, and made available for later viewing.
To Join the Training Session
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com/nih/k2/j.php?MTID=tada79b800396ee44599b51a8a83f8f1f
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the session password: seaside
4. Click "Join Now".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link
To Join the Session by Phone Only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the training session, or call the number below and enter the access code.
• Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada):1-877-668-4493
• Call-in toll number (US/Canada):1-650-479-3208
• Show toll-free dialing restrictions: https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
• Access code: 626 907 317
To add this session to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link: