RDM On-demand: Data Security, Storage and Preservation
This class is offered via Moodle.
- Evaluate preservation needs of a dataset (e.g. file format, software)
- Identify appropriate data repositories for a given dataset
- Discuss potential solutions for datasets with security/privacy issues (HIPAA)
- Explain how policies affect data ownership, security, and storage
This series is offered via Moodle.
Research Data Management On Demand is made up of four stand-alone classes that introduce principles and practices of research data management. There is no particular order or progression in which to take the classes. Expect to spend up to four hours on each class learning through tutorials, videos and hands-on activities.
The individual classes are:
1. Open Science and Data Science
2. Data Curation and Documentation
3. Data Security, Storage and Preservation
4. Data Sharing and Publishing
See each individual class for learning objectives.