PubMed for Librarians: Using Evidence-Based Search Features
Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research.
This is a synchronous online session that includes hands-on exercises.
The class will explore Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) used for indexing study design and how they work in PubMed, as well as introduce 3 PubMed products that facilitate evidence based searching.
- Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research
- Define “evidence” in the context of literature searching for clinical medicine
- Explain how study design is indexed in MeSH
- Explore PubMed Clinical Queries
- Explore NICHSR Comparative Effectiveness Research Query page
- Explore PubMed Health
- Customize myNCBI Filters to quickly locate specific publication types
Jul 7, 2017