PubMed for Librarians: MeSH
PubMed for Librarians: MeSH is a live, online session that includes hands-on exercises. Attend this class to learn about the National Library of Medicine's Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) database. We will talk about the 4 different types of MeSH terms and how searchers can benefit from using MeSH to build a search in PubMed. We will investigate the structure of the MeSH database and look at the components of a MeSH record.
Suggested Prerequisite: Introduction to PubMed
- MeSH database
- Controlled vocabulary
- Four types of MeSH terms
- Entry terms, date introduced, previous indexing, explosion
Apr 2, 2019
2:00PM - 3:30PM ET
PubMed for Librarians is made up of five 90-minute classes presented via WebEx.
- PubMed for Librarians: Introduction
- PubMed for Librarians: Medical Subject Headings
- PubMed for Librarians: Automatic Term Mapping
- PubMed for Librarians: Building and Refining a Search
- PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Each class is a stand-alone session. Students can decide which modules they want to attend.
Each class offers 1.5 MLA Continuing Education credits.
Please click on an upcoming class on the right to view the objectives for that session.