PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research.
This is a synchronous online class that includes hands-on exercises.
The class will explore Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) used for indexing study design and how they work in PubMed, introduce 3 PubMed products that facilitate evidence based searching, and demonstrate how to customize My NCBI Filters to quickly locate specific publication types.
- Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research
- Define “evidence” in the context of literature searching for clinical medicine
- Explain how study design is indexed in MeSH
- Explore PubMed Clinical Queries
- Explore NICHSR Comparative Effectiveness Research Query page
Aug 6, 2019
2:00PM - 3:30PM ET
PubMed for Librarians is made up of five 90-minute classes presented via WebEx.
- PubMed for Librarians: Introduction
- PubMed for Librarians: Medical Subject Headings
- PubMed for Librarians: Automatic Term Mapping
- PubMed for Librarians: Building and Refining a Search
- PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Each class is a stand-alone session. Students can decide which modules they want to attend.
Each class offers 1.5 MLA Continuing Education credits.
Need this now? Register for PubMed for Librarians - On demand to participate in PubMed training on your own schedule.
Please click on an upcoming class on the right to view the objectives for that session.