PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research.
This is a synchronous online class that includes hands-on exercises.
The class will explore Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) used for indexing study design and how they work in PubMed, introduce 3 PubMed products that facilitate evidence based searching, and demonstrate how to customize My NCBI Filters to quickly locate specific publication types.
- Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research
- Define “evidence” in the context of literature searching for clinical medicine
- Explain how study design is indexed in MeSH
- Explore PubMed Clinical Queries
- Explore NICHSR Comparative Effectiveness Research Query page
- Customize MyNCBI Filters to quickly locate specific publication types
Aug 6, 2019
2:00PM - 3:30PM ET
PubMed for Librarians is made up of five 90-minute classes presented via WebEx.
- PubMed for Librarians: Introduction
- PubMed for Librarians: Medical Subject Headings
- PubMed for Librarians: Automatic Term Mapping
- PubMed for Librarians: Building and Refining a Search
- PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Each class is a stand-alone session. Students can decide which modules they want to attend.
Each class offers 1.5 MLA Continuing Education credits.
Please click on an upcoming class on the right to view the objectives for that session.