PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research.
This is a synchronous online class that includes hands-on exercises.
The class will explore Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) used for indexing study design and how they work in PubMed, introduce 3 PubMed products that facilitate evidence based searching, and demonstrate how to customize My NCBI Filters to quickly locate specific publication types.
- Explore MeSH vocabulary and PubMed features that facilitate finding evidence from research
- Define “evidence” in the context of literature searching for clinical medicine
- Explain how study design is indexed in MeSH
- Explore PubMed Clinical Queries
- Explore NICHSR Comparative Effectiveness Research Query page
Aug 6, 2019
2:00PM - 3:30PM ET