PubMed for Librarians: Building and Refining a Search
PubMed for Librarians: Building and Refining Your Search, is a synchronous online session that includes hands-on exercises. This class will focus on using some of the tools and features built into PubMed that are designed to help you search more effectively. We will also learn how to coordinate MeSH terms the way Indexers do and we’ll explore the Index feature to build a search and explore topics. We will look at the Filters Sidebar and Topic-Specific Queries.
- Topic-Specific Queries
- Filter Sidebar
- Index Feature
- Coordinate MeSH headings with Subheadings
- MeSH heading or Subheading? What to do when both exist.
Apr 16, 2019
2:00PM - 3:30PM ET
PubMed for Librarians is made up of five 90-minute classes presented via WebEx.
- PubMed for Librarians: Introduction
- PubMed for Librarians: Medical Subject Headings
- PubMed for Librarians: Automatic Term Mapping
- PubMed for Librarians: Building and Refining a Search
- PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Each class is a stand-alone session. Students can decide which modules they want to attend.
Each class offers 1.5 MLA Continuing Education credits.
Please click on an upcoming class on the right to view the objectives for that session.