PubMed and Beyond: Clinical Resources from the National Library of Medicine
We should call this class "Around the NLM Clinical World in 90 minutes!" This webinar provides an introduction to nearly a dozen resources, including drug information, genetics information, clinical practice guidelines and evidence-based practice tools, and patient education. Participants who attend the webinar and complete a searching exercise will receive 3 MLA CE.
January 13, 2017 noon - 1:30 pm ET
Exercise due January 27, 2017
Jan 13, 2017
12:00PM - 1:30PM ET
This presentation will introduce free bedside information resources for the busy clinician. Resources presented will include Clinical Queries in PubMed/MEDLINE and free drug, patient education, and point-of-care resources.
This course was originally created by Kate Flewelling of the NNLM Middle Atlantic Region.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Find patient education information using MedlinePlus and Genetics Home Reference.
- Access drug information using Drug Information Portal.
- Find clinical trials by condition and limit to those with results in ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Find clinical practice guidelines.
- Find systematic reviews in PubMed Health and PubMed/MEDLINE.