From Problem to Prevention: Evidence Based Public Health
Curious about evidence-based public health? What does the term mean and how is it implemented? Join us for a 1-hour webinar as we dissect evidence-based public health and learn about resources that can be used to find research and tools to support evidence-based public health.
Mar 22, 2017
11:00AM - 12:00PM CT
Curious about evidence-based public health (EBPH) but not sure where to start? This class will explain the basics of evidence-based public health (EBPH) and highlight essentials of the EBPH process such as identifying the problem, forming a question, searching the literature, and evaluating the intervention. The purpose of this class is to provide an introduction to the world of evidence based public health and to give those already familiar with EBPH useful information that can be applied in their practices.
Participants will be able to:
- Define and describe evidence-based public health
- Identify a public health need and formulate an answerable question
- Locate and search applicable literature and resources
- Understand the importance of evaluation and locate helpful resources
- In development
- This course has been approved for 1, 3 ,and 4 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education.
Derek Johnson, Health Professionals Outreach Specialist, NNLM Greater Midwest Region
Naomi Gonzales, former Community Health Coordinator, NNLM South Central Region