PubMed® for Librarians: MeSH
PubMed for Librarians: MeSH is a synchronous online session that includes hands-on exercises. Attend this class to learn about the National Library of Medicine's Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) database. We will talk about the 4 different types of MeSH terms and how searchers can benefit from using MesH to build a search. We will investigate the structure of the MeSH database and look at the components of a MeSH record.
Suggested Prerequisite: Introduction to PubMed
A recording from a recent session can be viewed on the NTO website.
- MeSH database
- Controlled vocabulary
- Four types of MeSH terms
- Entry terms, date introduced, previous indexing, explosion
Jan 25, 2017
1:00PM - 2:30PM ET
PubMed for Librarians is made up of five 90-minute classes presented via WebEx.
- PubMed for Librarians: Introduction
- PubMed for Librarians: Medical Subject Headings
- PubMed for Librarians: Automatic Term Mapping
- PubMed for Librarians: Building and Refining a Search
- PubMed for Librarians: Evidence-Based Search Features
Each class is a stand-alone session. Students can decide which modules they want to attend.
Each class offers 1.5 MLA Continuing Education credits.
Need this now? Register for PubMed for Librarians - On demand to participate in PubMed training on your own schedule.
Please click on an upcoming class on the right to view the objectives for that session.