Partnering Together to Support Alzheimer's Caregivers in Diverse Communities
Presenter: Melanie Smith, Director, Care and Support, Alzheimer's Association Delaware Valley Chapter
Presenter: Sara Murphy, Vice President Programs and Services, Alzheimer's Association Greater Pennsylvania Chapter
Presenter: Rob Lesher, PA Forward™ Program Manager, Pennsylvania Library Association
The number of Americans living with Alzheimer’s is growing — and growing fast. Today, more than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s. 1 in 10 people aged 65 and older. The number of people living with Alzheimer’s is expected to reach nearly 14 million by mid-century.
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support. We work on a national and local level to provide care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer's and other dementias. As the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to advancing vital research toward methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
The Alzheimer's Association will provide the latest findings from the 2020 Alzheimer's Association Facts & Figures Report including current prevalence and impact on American families, risk factors, impact on caregivers, and national cost of care. Participants will learn how to access tools and resources to support families impacted by Alzheimer’s and other dementias and discuss local collaboration opportunities with our 75 chapters nationwide.
1. Discuss resources for caregivers and professionals for COVID-19 & caregiving
2. Identify prevalence of Alzheimer's & dementia and impact on American families including risk factors, caregiver impact and cost of care
3. Provide nationwide supportive resources for caregivers and families
4. Discuss national and local opportunities to leverage the power of a community partnership
Sponsored by The National Network of Libraries of Medicine- Middle Atlantic Region, a designated provider of contact hours (CECH) in health education credentialing by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., this program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 1 total Category I contact education contact hour. Advanced level continuing education hours are 0.
Nov 10, 2020
3:00PM - 4:00PM ET
NNLM MAR collaborates with Network members, advisory groups and partner organizations to sponsor symposia or professional development activities that address current trends in the healthcare landscape and their impact on information access.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The Network of the National Library of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership
Please feel free to send any questions by email to email@example.com.