NNLM Journal Club: Clinical Research Data Management
Join us as we discuss clinical research data management (CRDM) and explore how one health sciences library launched a new initiative to deliver CRDM support. Registration is limited to 30. Registrants are required to provide a discussion question no later than Wednesday, October 24.
Questions to consider as you prepare for the group discussion:
- What are the positive and, perhaps negative, implications of launching a TRAIL-like service in libraries?
- What surprised you most about the services being offered?
- What challenges would your institution face if it tried to offer similar services?
Oct 25, 2018
1:00PM - 2:00PM CT
Join your RML staff and colleagues in reading and discussing new research in the field of health sciences librarianship! Participants will join the online discussion via web conferencing software. Outreach specialists from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine will host and present on a recently published article that impacts the field of health sciences librarianship. After the 30-minute presentation, a discussion will take place among participants about the article. This is a great opportunity to stay up-to-date on emerging research and network with fellow colleagues!
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Evaluate the hypothesis, the study design, the method, results, and limitations in a systematic fashion.
- Determine the application of a particular study in their practice and impact towards health sciences librarianship.
- Appraise and assimilate evidence from selected literature related to health sciences and health sciences librarianship.