NLM's Online Playground: K-12 Science and Health Education Resources
Watch the new recording for the session held August 14, 2018!
To Join the Meeting
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com.
2. Enter the session number: 291 876 366 and password: playground
3. Please provide your name and email address.
4. You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
5. Select your audio connection preference:
*Call using computer - Adjust settings and test the connection
*Call from WebEx - Enter your phone number and press 1 when prompted
*Call in - Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada Toll number)
Enter access code: 291 876 366 #
Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
6. If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: playground
For live captioning: http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.com/attend?event=citwebex
For any technical issues, please call 817-735-2223 or email email@example.com.
No registration is required for this class.
Aug 24, 2017
11:00AM - 12:00PM CT
This course will introduce free K-12 resources from the National Library of Medicine (NLM). Resources span a variety of subjects including biology, careers, chemistry, environmental health, forensics and medical technology, general health, genetics, health information tutorials, and HIV/AIDS. The presentation is designed as an introduction to NLM resources for K-12 professionals, public librarians, and individuals working with K-12 populations.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least six K-12 resources from the National Library of Medicine
- Locate lesson plans to supplement current curriculum/youth programming
- Find resources for K-12 populations that can be used for homework help, research projects, and/or health and science programming