NER Hospital Librarians Summer Session
Please join us for our in-person summer session. We will be addressing the professional development needs of hospital librarians in the New England Region. Registration is LIMITED to 25 participants. Preference given to librarians working in New England hospitals.
1. Discuss National Library of Medicine changes to DOCLINE, LinkOut, PubMed and the elimination of LoansomeDoc, and how this will impact your document delivery services.
2. Construct document delivery workflow charts to understand how you are providing access to library collections for clinicians, researchers, nurses and administrators at your hospital.
3. Hear from Michelle Bass, PhD, MSI, AHIP, about Impostor Phenomenon among health sciences librarians, and explore ways to cope with this phenomenon.
Aug 12, 2019
9:30AM - 2:30PM ET
NER Hospital Librarians is an educational series addressing the professional development needs of hospital librarians in the New England Region. Topics are determined by NNLM NER’s Hospital Libraries Advisory Group (HLAG). Example topics include: DOCLINE Update; Advanced PubMed; and Librarians Supporting Nursing Education and Scholarship. Webinars are schedule for one hour. In-person events are scheduled for five hours.
Each session will highlight a topic of concern to hospital librarians. NNLM NER will identify subject experts to provide instruction either through WebEx or on-site at UMass Medical School. The sessions begin with introduction of topic and subject expert, include discussion on the impact on library management, and conclude with time for questions and answers. Whenever possible, the sessions will be recorded.
- Increased awareness of NLM tools and resources for supporting hospital librarians.
- Increased confidence in using NLM tools and resources for managing hospital libraries.
- Improved ability to describe current trends affecting hospital libraries in the New England Region.