MedlinePlus for Public Librarians
This hands-on, narrated tutorial explains why MedlinePlus should be the first choice for public librarians when answering health information questions. The class takes about an hour to complete and provides an auto-generated certificate of completion at the end.
Please register and you will receive, via e-mail, the enrollment key to access the course via the Moodle course management system.
Why should MedlinePlus.gov be the first choice for public librarians when answering health information questions? Discover the history, selection criteria and sources of MedlinePlus through this on-demand, hands-on tutorial. Designed to take about an hour to complete, the narrated tutorial explains how to locate information on health topics, drugs, and supplements in MedlinePlus.gov, highlighting additional tools and the authoritative sources from which MedlinePlus.gov draws its health information. MedlinePlus.gov is the National Library of Medicine's (NLM) premier health information portal for consumers.
After taking this tour, you should be able to:
- Explain why MedlinePlus is an authoritative source of health information for consumers and patients
- Identify basic navigation features of MedlinePlus
- Identify how to find specific health topic information or tools in MedlinePlus
- Identify how to find specific drugs, herbs and supplements information in MedlinePlus
- Identify the sources for drug and herbs and supplements safety information in MedlinePlus