LinkOut for Libraries
LinkOut for Libraries provides journal access to PubMed users. Join us for an informational webinar to learn more about this service from the National Library of Medicine. Erin Latta, from the National DOCLINE Coordination Office, will lead this webinar.
After this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. List the three types of library links available (full text, print holdings, link resolver).
2. Explain the difference between LinkOut and Outside Tool.
3. Locate contact information and online resources for LinkOut Help.
Attendees will participate online through discussion/chat.
Cannot attend the live webinar? Please register anyways. We will send you the link to the recording.
Nov 1, 2018
2:00PM - 3:00PM ET
NER Hospital Librarians is an educational series addressing the professional development needs of hospital librarians in the New England Region. Topics are determined by NNLM NER’s Hospital Libraries Advisory Group (HLAG). Example topics include: DOCLINE Update; Advanced PubMed; and Librarians Supporting Nursing Education and Scholarship. Webinars are schedule for one hour. In-person events are scheduled for five hours.
Each session will highlight a topic of concern to hospital librarians. NNLM NER will identify subject experts to provide instruction either through WebEx or on-site at UMass Medical School. The sessions begin with introduction of topic and subject expert, include discussion on the impact on library management, and conclude with time for questions and answers. Whenever possible, the sessions will be recorded.
- Increased awareness of NLM tools and resources for supporting hospital librarians.
- Increased confidence in using NLM tools and resources for managing hospital libraries.
- Improved ability to describe current trends affecting hospital libraries in the New England Region.