Libraries Build Healthy Communities: Going Virtual @ Brooklyn Public Library
Health programming is a staple offering at many public libraries. With the onset of COVID-19, staff at Brooklyn Public Library took their health programming virtual.
During this one hour webinar, staff and community partners from Brooklyn Public Library will share how they adapted health programming into a virtual environment.
This presentation will address:
- Resources for virtual health programming.
- Adapting in-person curriculum to virtual platforms.
- Highlights and challenges of going virtual with health programming.
- Topics and examples of virtual health programs.
- Tips for using online platforms & managing registration.
- Building relationships with community partners.
The webinar will be recorded and all registrants will be notified by email when the recording, slides, and handouts are available.
Molly Kass-Kaufman, Brooklyn Public Library
Sarah Montrichard-Ramón Cabrera, Brooklyn Public Library
Loren Avellino, New York Presbyterian-Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Nov 10, 2020
3:00PM - 4:00PM ET
This course will provide an overview of ideas to conduct health outreach and create health programs for libraries and community/faith based organizations. Participants will learn how to integrate resources from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and other reputable agencies to introduce community members to NLM resources in fun and engaging ways. Examples of programs for children, teens, adults and seniors using NLM and other National Institutes of Health center and office resources will be shared.
This presentation provides an overview of planning health programs for organizations incorporating resources from the National Library of Medicine. By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Locate county level information on health needs within their community
- Locate relevant NLM consumer health resources for specific target populations
- Identify organizations for health outreach partnerships
- Outline a potential health outreach or health program for their organization