Keeping up with PubMed- Online On Demand
This class is intended to hone basic searching techniques and the ability to develop search strategies that will take advantage of the PubMed interface to MEDLINE. The course will explore various methods for searching the PubMed system. Topics covered include Automatic Term Mapping, Search Results, Similar articles, My NCBI, Searching with MESH, Journal searching, and Single Citation Matcher. This course will provide an overview of the system and demonstrate utilizing the features of PubMed to search effectively. The 3.5-hour in person version of the course provides the attendees with hands-on opportunities to practice their search techniques. This is an on-demand class, so it is at your on pace to complete it.
Contact the Course Instructor to Enroll
With a hands-on approach, this class will show attendees how to use the features of PubMed effectively. Attendees will be able to describe the contents of PubMed; formulate basic search strategies; display, print, and save results in various formats; revise and refine searches; and use special features such as Related Articles, Link to journals, Citation Matcher, and Clinical Queries.
This is an on-demand class, so it is at your on pace to complete it.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how PubMed constructs a query.
- Develop and refine search strategies using components of PubMed's Features Bar.
- Use Links (including LinkOut) to move to internal and external resources.
- Build controlled vocabulary searches using PubMed's MeSH browser.
- Use the MyNCBI feature to personalize PubMed and store searches.
- Use the other tools on PubMed's Sidebar, including the Journals Database, Single Citation Matcher and Clinical Queries.
Ashley Cuffia, MLS, AHIP - NNLM SEA Consumer Health Coordinator